“My life is a series of moments. Each one a journey to the end. Let them go. This right here, right now, is definitely a moment.”
I hate that I somewhat love watching cancer movies. There's Stepmom, My Sister's Keeper, A Walk to Remember, Sweet Novemnber, Letters to God, and I recently finished watching Now is Good. It's not like I like people dying but it reminds me how life is so precious and short, how life is so damn twisted and messed up but at the same thing so amazing and unpredictable. Judge me all you want for sort of enjoying the message of these films while someone's dying but I believe that one way or another their stories serve as the life lessons of those who are left behind still struggling in this world, in short, us.
The latest cancer movie I've seen is Now is Good which is a British film featuring Dakota Fanning and Jeremy Irvine. It revolves around the story of Tessa Scott who has leukemia who doesn't want to get anymore treatments but instead spend her last days doing her 'list.' Then she met her new neighbor, Adam, who's so hot as shit and later on he tried to stay with her till the last days of her life. I know people will say it's just another tragic love story but I think it's much more than. I see the movie as something so honest that it tries to portray the true fear of a teenager who has less than a year to live. Tessa's 'list' is mostly things 'normal' kids do like take drugs, have sex, leave without paying, etc. She wanted to do those things not because it's the 'it' thing but she wanted to do it because she wants to feel normal, she wants to feel she's alive. And nothing's gonna make a person more alive than love.
Can I just say that Jeremy Irvine's portrayal of Adam is so sexy and perfect? I know he's fictional but damn he sure knows how to treat a lady. Even though he knew that he'll get hurt for staying with Tessa he made sure that he did anything he could for her till her last days. Plus his looks would just be some inspiration for Tessa to live longer, right? The moment that I really felt that he's so damn serious was when he painted her name all over town just because she wanted to "put her name out in the world" figuratively. I mean c'mon! Are you sure you're fictional?
![]() |
![]() |
| *slow clap* congrats on your face. SRSLY. |





